How can I help?
GRANTS FOR GREAT IDEAS TO TEACHERS
VISD Education Foundation Awards Over $49K to Educators
The Victoria ISD Education Foundation announced the recipients of its Grants for Great Ideas program at the VISD Convocation on Friday, Aug. 13. In total, 14 grants were awarded equaling $49,463 to VISD educators. Including this funding cycle, almost $500,000 has been awarded since the program’s inception in 2009.
The grant title, award amount, and their recipients are listed below.
- Praise Not Penalize: How to Hack STAAR; $2,500; Victoria West High School
- Camp Courageous; $4,962; All VISD elementary schools (fifth-grade speech, physical, and occupational therapy students)
- Sustainability: Making School a Growing Place; $1,000, Victoria West High School
- Science Nspired: Extending Student Impact; $4,167; Victoria West High School
- WE can do Biotechnology: West and East (WE) Collaboration and Laboratory Skills through Biotechnology Inquiry; $4,998; Victoria East and Victoria West high schools
- Vend-A-Book; $4,895; Smith STEM Academy and Elementary
- You CAN Touch This! A Hands-on Experience Brought to the Middle Schools Exploring Careers, Our Ocean and Science!; $5,000; District-wide (all eighth-grade students)
- Habits of a Successful Musician; $1,992; All VISD middle schools (sixth-grade band students)
- Communication Corners; $5000; VISD All schools, middle, and high schools (Special Education)
- Exploring Identity and Community Through Storytelling, Film, and Animation; $2,430; Victoria East High School
- Clickers For Eduphoria; $2,240; Victoria East High School
- Growing a Reader Together: It Takes a Village!; $2,286; Crain Elementary
- Bringing STEAM into the Classroom with Osmo; $3,698; All VISD elementary schools (Gifted and Talented)
- Tokens of Knowledge; $4,295; Hopkins Elementary